The music festival turned from a night of singing, laughter, and fun into a nightmare when a monster took the lives of fifty-eight innocent people in the form of an automatic weapon. Within fifteen minutes, the shooter irrevocably changed the lives of the families and friends left behind.
Disillusioned and angered, Sabastian Savage stood at his father and older brother’s gravesite, holding his inconsolable mamma, when he noticed an adorable blonde crying as hard as his mamma. Who was she? And why was she so distraught? Sabastian wished he could find out, but a funeral was not the time.
Evangeline Rossi, or Emmy for short, was painfully shy, and with good reason—too many people had hurt her. So, when she met someone who sincerely cared, she held on with both hands. Shawn Savage had been one of those people, having been a father figure for her while she struggled to support her granddad and herself, and his death truly gutted her.
Months after the funeral, Emmy ran into the sexy, handsome Sabastian, Shawn’s own son and a man she had seen often yet in no way had the confidence to speak to. So, of course, she was flattered when he directed his attention her way . . . until he opened his mouth.
Now Emmy was stuck between a rock and hard spot. The remaining Savage brothers had banded together to fill their father’s shoes by helping their mamma’s dream become a reality, which in turn extended to offering Emmy the opportunity of a lifetime. But, could she accept if the jerk was part of it? Did Emmy have the courage to stand up for herself and sweeten Savory Sabastian?
Scroll Down for Sabastian's Playlist & Emmy's Recipe
Push for Sabastian & Emmy's song
Sabastian & Evangeline's Playlist
Hallelujah by Bon Jovi Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie
Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton Taking Care of Business by Bachman Turner Overdrive
You Can Call Me Al by Paul Simon Here I Go Again by Whitesnake
Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Words By Elton John Stupid Boy by Keith Urban
The Reason by Hoobastank Love Me Or Leave Me Alone by Dustin Lynch
Fa La Nina Demons by Imagine Dragons
Craving You by Thomas Rhett Kill A Word by Eric Church
Brother by NEEDTPBREATHE My Old Man by Zac Brown Band
Everything by Michael Bublé She's Got A Way by Billy Joel
Diamonds and Twine by Ryan Hurd When I Look At You by Miley Cyrus
Volare by Dean Martin
Emmy's Buttertart Recipe
5 c all purpose flour or pastry flour
2 tsp salt
1 lb tTenderflake lard (2 cups)
1 Tbsp vinegar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1) Mix together flour and salt Cut in lard with a pastry blender or 2 knives mix until resembles coarse oatmeal.
2) In a 1 cup measuring vinegar, egg and enough cup to measure 1 cup.
3) Gradually stir into the flour/lard. Add only enough liquid to make dough cling together. You will probably have liquid left over.
4) Mix gently just till liquid is absorbed. Do not overwork.
5) Divide into four equal balls cover with saran wrap. Keep wrapped unless using.
6) Roll out and cut out circles that fit into muffin tins. Be gentle don't over roll.
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup golden brown sugar
1 egg slightly beaten
2 Tbsp 10% cream
1 tsp vanilla
Quadruple for full recipe of dough
1) Melt butter over stove remove from heat.
2) Add golden brown sugar, egg, cream, vanilla.
3) Stir all ingredients and pour into pastry cups.
4) Cook at 350* preheated oven for 20 minutes or until bubbling and pastry is golden.